User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-28 11:26:11

ingridsenn
User

HECRAS2basement HSR script

I just want to ask if any new/updated/debugged versions of the HECRAS2basement script and visulalization python scripts have become available since June 2016?
Thanks, ingrid

#2 2016-11-28 12:11:17

Daniel Ehrbar
Developer

Re: HECRAS2basement HSR script

Hi Ingrid,

the HECRAS2basement script used for the generation of 1d-input is provided by VAW (the script for the evaluation of 1d-outputs is provided by HSR). So far, none of them has been updated.

BASEd regards,
Daniel

#3 2016-12-01 10:35:21

ingridsenn
User

Re: HECRAS2basement HSR script

Hi again Daniel.

I cannot execute my HECRAS2basement script due to a problem with PyQt4. Seems PyQt4 is a bit out of date and has been replaced by a newer version (PyQt5, it seems) recently? I have some problems getting the PyQt4 package to get installed/work on my computer (Windows 10 Pro 64 bit).
What do you suggest such that I can still use HECRAS2basement?
Maybe any ideas on how to get my computer to use PyQt4, or could the script easily be updated such as to use the newest packages?

As additional comment on that issue, I think some of the python scripst (mainly HSR ones I think) have been designed for Linux use. I needed to perform some changes prior to use on Windows. Since - in my opinion - most engineering companies use windows only (just like me), and most engineers are not experts in python programming (just like me, too), may I politely suggest as a secondary goal in development that you ensure windows compatibility in future versions of such scripts?

Thanks for your advice.
Ingrid

Board footer