User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-18 14:59:07

Schneider
User

Output of Sediment discharge

Hello all,

I have some questions about the output of sediment discharge.

I would like to get the sediment output from my model. To do this, I have set "ns_morph_discharge" as the output. Then I would like to display the sediment output with the help of the Python script.However, I cannot find the sediment output ("morph_discharge") anywhere.  However, it works with the water discharge. Can anyone tell me where I can find this or how I can displa it so that it also shows me the sediment output?
And can I also display the sediment output on a control cross-section. I would like to simulate measures and have the sediment output displayed directly behind the measures. However, the end of the model is further downstream. Is there a way to do this?

One more question: Is there another possibility in Basement to show my sediment transport, apart from delta_z and ns_morph_discharge? For example, to compare the eroded volume with the deposited volume?

Thanks for your answers,
Jonathan

#2 2022-03-07 15:12:53

Matteo Facchini
Developer

Re: Output of Sediment discharge

Hi Jonathan

the python file gives as output the following variables:

'Mean wse', 'Discharge', 'Wetted area', 'Mean bottom elevation','Reference elevation', 'Wetted geometric length', 'Total water volume stored in cells', 'Total cells conveyance','Morphological flux','Bedload transport'

I think what you're looking for is either 'Morphological flux' or 'Bedload transport'.

Refer to the tutorial if you have any further doubt.

To compare eroded vs deposited volume I suggest you to use QGIS to generate rasters from your results and then work on the rasters with some simple raster calculations.

Hope this helps
M

Board footer