User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-13 15:12:17

Jakub Solc
User

Mass Balance Problem - identifying and fixing cells

Dear BASEMENT community,

I am using software BASEMENT for modeling montane stream morphology after concrete runoff events in my diploma thesis. I have red the Manual, followed the Tutorial and successfully made mesh file and passed the Setup of modeling procedure. But in the Simulation part model stuck with MASS BALANCE PROBLEM. So after that I opened BASEMENT in debug mode and found repetitive problem in five cells. Now I don’t know where are mentioned cells and how to fix them. I have already checked all forum topics with this problem, but I could not find any tip or solution how to identify mentioned cells and how to fix them. In this situation I don’t have any result yet, so I can’t open xdmf file and check cells in ParaView. I also tried to decrease CFL number and it did not help.

I would be grateful for any answer with possible solutions. Thanks.

Jakub Solc

Jakub Solc
Department of Physical Geography and Geoecology, Faculty of Nature Science, Charles University, Prague

#2 2022-01-18 16:43:23

Matteo Facchini
Developer

Re: Mass Balance Problem - identifying and fixing cells

Hi Jakub

I think you could still try and build the xdmf file even with the MASS BALANCE PROBLEM. If you cannot do that with the GUI, try with the command line (see on the manual how you can do that).

Otherwise, I suggest you to download and install HDF View to open the results.h5 file than look under CellsAll\Topology where you have a list of all the cells with their nodes, than check NodesAll/Coordnts to see the coordinates of the nodes of the cells you need to check.

Hope this helps
Matteo

Board footer