User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-20 11:11:42

AlessandroCasalicchio
User

Curvature effect

Hi,

I'm doing a morphological - Hydraulic simulation for a project in river Po.

I'm studying the bed transport calibrating the model with a flood occured in november that really modified the river bed.

I'm trying to increase the curvature effect (that I suppose rappresent the helical motion caused by the bend of the river bed, confirm if it is true) to calibrate the model.

I'm tried both "curvature effect dynamic" and "curvature effect static", the last one changing also the "curvature transport factor", but I didn't see substantial changes.

Can you help me? Maybe I can decrease the max area of the mesh in the curve or increase the sediment discharge.

Thank you

Alessandro

#2 2020-04-21 09:19:36

Lukas Vonwiller
Developer

Re: Curvature effect

Hi Alessandro

An increase of the 'curvature_transport_factor' should have an effect (if 'curvature_transport_factor_type' = 'fix')! But bear in mind that you have the competing effects of 'lateral_bed_slope' and numerical diffusion due to your mesh discretization.

Furthermore, make sure you have the material indices to account for lateral bedload transport defined in lateral_index!

Hope this helps!
cheers, Lukas

Board footer