User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-10 13:04:00

PaoloGhil
User

Postprocessing issue

Hi, I find mesh tools on Qgis 3.12 much more usable than previous versions. However, I found a strange issue with mesh calculator when I was doing some postprocessing using mesh calculator: It would be very useful to have the computed data stored in a result file, but something goes wrong.

First, I really appreciate that this mesh calculator allows for more complicated expressions than other similar tools.
Now let me describe my problem. I did not find any documentation on which file type to use as "output dataset", so I tried .2dm, .dat, .h5, .xdmf, and so on, with different output formats, but always with the same result: the mesh calculator works fine and loads new data in the mesh layer with the group name I choose, but the result file is not saved.
Since the output file name and path were written in the output window, I tried to look for that file name in my PC and I discovered that it was both created and deleted: using a file recovery tool I was able to undelete the file, however it was 0 bytes long.
This seems like a bug to me.

An alternative way to store te results could be an export of the mesh file with the new results included, as it is possible in SMS, but I did not find a command to do this.

Best regards,
Paolo

Board footer