User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-02 12:40:48

JBarreiro
User
Website

Urban flooding and 1D/2D coupling

Hello,

I'm a PhD student in Instituto Superior Técnico of University of Lisbon, in Portugal, and I've been using BASEMENT (v2.8) in order to estimate urban prone areas to flooding. For this purpose, I've been assuming strong simplifications regarding the interaction with the underground drainage network, which plays a crucial role in the regulation of urban floods.

As a PhD student, one of my goals is to give a step further in this matter and to be able to integrate and run simultaneously a 2D surface model (in this case BASEMENT) and a 1D drainage network model (such as EPA SWMM), with interactions between them.

I would like to ask if you have any interest on this and/or if you have any developments on this subject. I believe it makes no sense to spend time on doing something that is already developed with such quality as BASEMENT for the superficial flow simulation.

Looking forward to your feedback and hoping everything is going well on this unsteady phase we are going through,

Kindly regards
João Barreiro

João Barreiro
Environmental Engineer (MSc) - PhD Student

Board footer