User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-24 16:09:44

sajjad
User

slice indexes and friction ranges

Hi,

I am defining different friction coefficients for different part of a x-section in a 1D study. I want to do this using slice indexes, but the .bmg file is not parsed as error message is displayed. I have looked around and found little or no examples about slice indexing. Kindly provide an example, as is done for explaining other concepts in Block list.

Thanks

#2 2019-03-06 16:11:06

Matteo Facchini
Developer

Re: slice indexes and friction ranges

Hi sajjad,

slices are numbered from 1 to n where n = m - 1 and m is the number of nodes you have on your cross-section.

If you define a rectangle with 4 points, you will have 3 slices, say a wall (slice #1), the main channel (slice #2) and the other wall (slice #3).

Now, if you want to set some parameters slice-wise, just refer to the numbers wink
If for instance you want to set some parameters only on one slice (e.g. the second) in the _slice_indexes boxes you just write (2,2) and you are referring only the the second slice. Otherwise you could set parameter on more than one slice using a range (1-3 --> (1,3)) or a separated list (1 and 3 --> (1,1), (3,3))

Hope this helps!

Best
Matteo

Board footer