User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-29 10:20:51

dazzle
User

tau_erosion_start in multi grain size simulation

Hi,

I just wanted to use the parameter "tau_erosion_start" in a multi grain size simulation (MGSS), but BASEMENT gives me an error saying this parameter cannot be used in MGSS.
However, the reference manual states differently?!

Why I wanted to use this parameter?
I'm setting up a discharge model in a river bed with cross sills that shall not be erodible. I therefore wanted to set the "tau_erosion_start" value so high it would never be exceeded
and therefore erosion wouldn't take place in the soil layers defined as cross sills.
I'm now using some sort of a workaround as I have set the bottom elevation for this soil type to -0.00001, hence this should give me the desired results.

However, not being able to use this parameter in a MGSS, is this a bug, a known issue or am I incorrectly interpreting the reference manual?

kind regards

#2 2015-07-07 10:06:53

Matteo Facchini
Developer

Re: tau_erosion_start in multi grain size simulation

Hi dazzle,

thanks for your post. We found the problem in the code and we will fix it for the next bug-fix release.

At the moment it is possible to use the tau_erosion_start parameter in 1D mono- and multi-grain simulations, while in 2D it is possible just with mono-grain simulations.

In the next release it would be possible to set tau_erosion_start also in 2D multi-grain simulations.

Best regards,

Matteo

#3 2015-07-15 06:49:24

dazzle
User

Re: tau_erosion_start in multi grain size simulation

great thank you!

Board footer