User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-10 09:56:06

ventu89
User

hole in qualitymesh Tutorial_1 bug

following steps of tutorial1 i encounter this strange bug:

if i run qualitymeshing the output is not correct, the area with no mesh is not only the area inside the building breakline where i put the hole marker (see page 14 of tutorial) but all the area between the boundary layer and the first breakline to the left! To avoid this error i try also to run qualitymeshing tool with the input file inside the "additional files" folder inside the tutorial1 files but the errors still remains and i can't get the correct meshing (with no mesh inside the building area) like the one inside "additional files". After some atytempts i observed that if i move the building breakline somewhere else in the boundary layer whit the marker inside the output meshing is correct.....anyone can help me to avoid this problem?

#2 2015-03-19 18:36:18

Matteo Facchini
Developer

Re: hole in qualitymesh Tutorial_1 bug

Hi ventu89

the problem of your mesh could be that you didn't set the snapping options properly, so the polygon you define is not 'closed'.

First of all remember that the lines defining the hole should belong to the breakline layer, so you should define the hole as a polygon made by breaklines.

Go to Settings/Snapping Options, find and select your breaklines layer and set the tollerance
Right click on your breakline layer, select 'Toggle Editing'
Go to Edit/Add Feature and draw your hole polygon, give it an ID and click OK
Go to Edit/Node Tool, select a point and drag-and-drop it over the other in order to 'close' your 'polygon': now these two points have been merged
Now you should define a point layer (maybe call it 'hole_point') and add a feature (i.e. a point) inside the hole

Do the quality meshing and everything should be fine

Bests,

Matteo

Board footer