User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-21 16:14:58

Reyhaneh
User

Area_Points

Hi,

I would like to ask you about the mesh-refinement procedure in QGIS, BASEMESH. I know that it needs to use the "area-points" option. But the thing is that ho the mesh is refined based on these points? I mean

1- How the refinement is dependent on the number, position of these points. Since, if I insert one point or 10 points (randomly distributed), I see no difference in the final mesh. Neither, when i change the position of that one (or the group) point in the domain. How does the refinement is working?
2-Secondly, the break-lines, for my case, are just my cross-sections of interest to observe the SSC along. When I use them in the Quality mesh+area-points, every thing is changed. How break-lines and area points are related??
Actuyally, is it right to define the cross-sections of interest as break-lines or no?

In my model, I would like to have a fine mesh in the lateral zones of my channel, how can I do so using the area-points feature?

Many thanks for your help,

Reyhaneh

attached is the plan of my channel, the vertical lines are cross-sections of interest.
domain

Last edited by Reyhaneh (2014-12-21 16:21:45)

#2 2015-01-05 11:10:30

Sam
Developer
Website

Re: Area_Points

Reyhaneh, your two points should be answered in either the help tab of the quality-mesh window or the tutorial. Probably the main issue concerning you problems is: make sure each area point is embraced by break lines!
It is correct to use break lines for the cross sections of interest. you can use the "stringdef" feature in BASEmesh together with the stringdef output option in BASEMENT for integral output quantities.
cheers

Board footer