User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-27 15:11:23

Florent_Wohlwend
User

Errors in defining boundary conditions

Hello everyone,

I'm actually working on my Master thesis on BASEMENT. Quite a nice and effective program, for sure, but after many simulation tries, I just get stuck. Effectively, I have tried to perform suspended load and bedload simulation, after having perform hydraulics easily. Since these, I receive systematically a message saying that the boundaries are not define correctly, in cause of non-finding edge string used as boundaries.
If I check in the 2dm file on SMS files, I can see the nodestring as I define it for boundary conditions. The numbers of nodes included in are totally matching with the STRINGDEF definition of my boundary condition. So I ask the question: Why is it not working?

In resume:
- I have defined a nodestring on my 2D Mesh, in SMS, to the extreme end of my model.
- I have defined a STRINGDEF, copying the nodes numbers of my nodestring, in BASEMENT.
- I have attributed to this STRINGDEF many boundary conditions, such as downstream flow, bedload discharge and suspended load discharge.
- I have ran BASEMENT calculation, and got an error message wich says: "Error while defining the boundaries. The edge string 'Output_aval' could not be found. Please complete the required input data and start again.'

I must say that I used for the first time boundary condition for input/output, because I have habits to use SOURCE block to define elements source, but didn't work well with sediment input.

If anyone know what is wrong in my approach, I would be so please to thank him/her so much for his help.

I'd like to thank you for your attention and this opportunity to post on a so-usefull user forum.

Best regards,

Florent

#2 2014-10-27 15:47:21

Florent_Wohlwend
User

Re: Errors in defining boundary conditions

Hello again,

I'm so so confused, because on the error message was precisely notified 'Ouptut_aval' and not 'Output_aval'... It was only a swapping letter in my input files. I'm so sorry to had disturbed you for a so much evident fact. All is working perfectly now, the calculation is already performed and results seems right.

Thank you for your support (even if I find alone tongue), I'll ask you when an other problem occurs (not as simple as these for sure)!

Best regards,

Florent

Board footer