User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-06 20:09:47

AlessandroCasalicchio
User

Set different grain class and apparent cohesion along the vertical

Hi everyone,

I'm doing a project site in the north of Italy, in the Chiese river, downstream the Idro Lake.

The project is based on an hypothetical landslide that obstruct the riverbed of Chiese River.
I want to do a morphological - Hydraulic simulation to evaluate how long it takes the river to erode the material fallen from the landslide in the river bed. 

The problem is that the material of the landslide is different from the material of the river bed, so I want to set different grain class and apparent cohesion along the vertical, dividing the soil into different layers.

I have not seen anywhere in the software this possibility, so I am writing here.

Ultimately I ask you if maybe I'm getting the wrong kind of approach doing a morphological - Hydraulic simulation to evaluate the problem. Maybe the correct approach it's working with basebreach, but I've never used it.

Thank you
Alessandro

#2 2021-09-24 09:43:01

Matteo Facchini
Developer

Re: Set different grain class and apparent cohesion along the vertical

Hi Alessandro,

you can do multigrain simulations with basement 2.8, not with basement 3.1.1. There is a simple approach described in the tutorials for basement 2.8 (Flaz 2D multigrain).

As to basebreach, it depends on what you need to simulate and how you want to describe the process.

Best
Matteo

Board footer