User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-06 16:30:59

sua87
User

Mesh Generation vs. BMv3

Hi all

I am currently trying to create sub-meshs from a very big modelling extent. Therefore I have used a selection of breaklines and regionpoints within a big model boundary. The mesh was successfully created using the XL-meshing plugin (Basemesh 1.4.5).
However, when trying to run the model on BMv3, new problems arise. There seems to be an issue with the setup.h5 file - probably something with CellsAll/EdgeSign, as the error is thrown there.

--> out of range (4294967295>=8), in file: Z:\src\setup\Substance.cpp on line 188, version v 3.0.2 -> unfortunately BASEMENT is killed!

Does anyone have experience with the creation of small meshs within a certain modelling boundary? Do I need to readjust the boundary for each and every subset?

It mainly seems strange to me, because the mesh is created without any problem, but then fails to run.

#2 2021-01-07 08:09:11

sua87
User

Re: Mesh Generation vs. BMv3

I found the problem myself: there were missing MatId's in some regions and a problem with the StringDefs (not equal in 2dm and model.json). In BMv3.0, matId 0 is not accepted. The creation of sub-meshes worked fine after the problems were solved.

Board footer