User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-05 10:28:02

Alyssa
User

1D mesh export BASEmesh error

Hi

I have a problem with the 1D mesh export from BASE mesh, I keep having an IndexError. Are there specific requirements for the polylines (cross sections) that are used for this export? I tried changing the polylines, the attribute table,.. but with same result.
I need the cross sections to be at the original location of the measured points.
Any ideas?
P.S. the 2D mesh export worked fine.

Here is the error:

An error has occurred while executing Python code:

IndexError: list index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/Users/Alyssa/.qgis2/python/plugins\BASEmesh\exportmesh\exportmesh_dialog.py", line 169, in accept
    success = crossConv.readShape( meshLayer, text, self.convProgressBar )
  File "C:/Users/Alyssa/.qgis2/python/plugins\BASEmesh\tools\crossSectionConversion.py", line 121, in readShape
    self.__crossSectionList.append( parser.createCrossSection(tagsDict, successText) )
  File "C:/Users/Alyssa/.qgis2/python/plugins\BASEmesh\tools\meshParser1D.py", line 249, in createCrossSection
    crossSection.addPoint(float(listX[ii]), float(listY[ii]))
IndexError: list index out of range

Thanks
Alyssa

Last edited by Alyssa (2019-11-07 11:07:38)

#2 2019-11-12 09:03:49

Matthias Bürgler
Developer

Re: 1D mesh export BASEmesh error

Hi Alyssa

It looks like you are missing a y-coordinate for a certain cross section. How did you generate the cross section lines-file?
And which QGIS and BASEmesh versions are you using?

Best regards
Matthias

#3 2019-11-12 17:25:59

Alyssa
User

Re: 1D mesh export BASEmesh error

Hi Matthias

Thanks for your reply. The cross sections were existing data given to me in shapefile, I have both the points as the polylines. I have checked, the nodes of the polylines all have a valid X and Y coordinate. I only have 2 columns in the attribute table though (one string and one integer) which just indicates a number and name for each cross section. Perhaps there has to be some data there?
I am using QGIS 2.18.28 (I had other issues with an older and newer QGIS version with Basemesh). I am using Basemesh 1.4.3.

Thanks
Alyssa

Board footer