User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-06 17:51:36

sajjad
User

Inner boundary in basechain

Hi,

I am defining a gate in a basechain model through inner_boundary,

INNER_BOUNDARY {
            type = gate
            cross_section_name_1 =mw_crest1
            cross_section_name_2 =mw_crest2
            level_file = gateLevel.txt
            my= 0.55
            }

however, I get the error message, " Block-Error: Inner Boundary string_name 'mw_crest1' not found in STRINGDEF block. Make sure the Inner Boundary string_name has the same name as a defined unique string in the STRINGDEF block.
Block-Error: Inner Boundary string_name 'mw_crest2' not found in STRINGDEF block. Make sure the Inner Boundary string_name has the same name as a defined unique string in the STRINGDEF block."

Now stringdef block is not available in basechain but in baseplane, so when I try to create a stringdef, I again get an error message. Note 'mw_crest1' & "mw_crest2' are the two cross-section names defined in the bmg file.

Would appreciate any help.

Regards

Last edited by sajjad (2016-12-12 10:31:46)

#2 2016-12-12 16:27:10

sajjad
User

Re: Inner boundary in basechain

The above error was generated because the  'cross_section_name_1' (mw_crest1) and  'cross_section_name_2' (mw_crest2) were not part of the 'cross_section_order' in geometry block. Once you add those, the run file is okayed by the editor. Submitted for closure of the topic.

However, the error message used the word 'stringdef' which is not part of the geometry in 1D basechain, so it caused the error to be not quite apparent immediately.

Regards

Last edited by sajjad (2016-12-12 16:31:59)

Board footer