User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-20 16:48:54

sajjad
User

Making 'source' inflow or outflow dependent on a variable

Hello,

I want to model an urban flood with interaction with the underground sewers. A complicated solution to this problem is external coupling in basement, for which I lack knowledge. Another solution is simulating the outtake of water via numerous catch inlets located in various streets. Is it possible to model it by  negative source? if we can make the outflow depend on water depth in the cell in which catch inlet is located ,edge length of the cell and a constant. Anther possibility is to define an outflow=f(local water depth) for a cell with curb inlet and the model determine the outflow by interpolation. Maybe there is a simpler way that I cannot figure out.

Regards

#2 2017-04-19 16:19:44

SeppeM
User

Re: Making 'source' inflow or outflow dependent on a variable

Hi Sajjad,

I have a similar problem and was wondering if you found an answer to your question. I am also trying to model an urban flow, with an apparatus that would help evacuate the water from the river in the sea (thus at the estuary), by using a pump for a certain wse.
If you could let me know how you have done it in the end, that would be fabulous.

Thank you in advance,

Board footer