User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-25 11:44:59

Patroth
User

Python,Tutorial files not intuitively found;

Hi,
First off: Fantastic program.
One thing I did find while learning how to use the new software (It was pre-installed at my current workplace), was that when the Reference Book references the python scripts to convert crosssection types to the basement format the link takes you to the forum page. The files aren't on that page or in the forum, but under the "program" hyperlink in the sidebar.
I would have never ever clicked it, as I already had the software installed and ended up finding the scripts via google.

It would be great if you could add a simple text on http://www.basement.ethz.ch/ to show users where the scripts are.
For instance right after the first paragraph dedicated to the users.
"The files for the tutorials and the python scripts can be found here (hyperlink:http://www.basement.ethz.ch/services/download) and if you have any other questions please use our forums."

Thanks

Last edited by Patroth (2015-02-27 08:34:31)

#2 2015-02-26 14:25:36

Patroth
User

Re: Python,Tutorial files not intuitively found;

Also some of the tutorial files don't work anymore as certain parameter options must have changed over the program versions (corresponding instructions in manual also wrong now).
Some that I found:
Thur2 - start_time tag
Lateral_Coupling - COUPLING_LATERAL block, Special_output/format = qgis not valid

using old version

Last edited by Patroth (2015-02-27 08:32:50)

#3 2015-02-26 15:09:44

Christian Volz
User

Dear Patroth

I cannot reproduce your problems. With BASEMENT version 2.4 these tutorials should work. The corresponding parameters were introduced in version2.4. Please check if you are using the latest BASEMENT version 2.4...

Last edited by Christian Volz (2015-02-26 15:10:55)

#4 2015-02-27 08:30:35

Patroth
User

Hi Christian,
Yes I'm still using version 2.3... I should have noticed that before. Sorry for all the ruckus. Any chance there are the same tutorial files available for v2.3 floating around somewhere? wink (I just saw that the lateral coupling tutorial was brand new with the new version) All in all it's not that critical. I can reverse engineer most of the Error-notifications without much trouble.

For my application it's simply critical that sequential coupling 2D-1D works without problems and it's unlikely we are going to update our system soon.

Thanks

Last edited by Patroth (2015-02-27 09:15:31)

Board footer