User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-19 13:31:29

Reyhaneh
User

visualisation of results_QGIS

Hi,

I performed a 2d simulation using Basement. Then, for the post-processing part, I tried to use the Crayfish plugin as explained in the manual, but it did not work. Each time it stops working suddenly. Then, I tried to do so using the QGIS operations. I imported my shape files and added them to QGIS as a new vector layer. But I have no idea how I should proceed. I could not find anything about it in the manual. Would you please help me with the post-processing procedure in QGIS?

Many thanks,

Reyhaneh

#2 2014-12-19 14:47:51

Christian Volz
User

Re: visualisation of results_QGIS

Dear Reyhaneh

we need more detailed descriptions of your problems with Crayfish. What are you doing exactly, which data outputs are you using...and so on. In our experience the Crayfish plugin usually works quite stable and reliable. There are at least two important issues you should take care of:
- meshes used for visualization in Crayfish always need to be 'renumbered' with our BASEmesh plugin. There must be no gaps in the numbering of the nodes and elements.
- use the 'qgis' output format (BASEMENT v2.4) for data visualization with Crayfish

If your problems persist, then we need more information. I also recommend to write your problems to the Crayfish-Forum (the Crayfish-plugin is not maintained by us).

The visualization of shape-layers or raster data can be done with common QGIS-features. You can easily colorize shape files using the "Layer->Properties" and set color gradients depending on the columns of the attribute tables (= time steps). You can also convert shape files to raster files ("Raster->Interpolation") and colorize them or create contour lines. Please consult the corresponding QGIS documentations.

Best regards
Christian

Last edited by Christian Volz (2014-12-19 14:49:48)

Board footer