User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-11 23:02:24

Sapper
User

Thanks!

Firstly I would like to say a big thank you for setting up this forum. I'm sure it will be very useful to users and developers alike.

I've only been using BASEMENT for a few weeks, but I've found it to be the most user friendly of all the free/FOSS simulation software available (not to mention the easiest one to install on Windows). The BASEviz visualization module is fantastic. I'm using BASEMENT for 2D overland flow modeling, so the ability to view initial results during processing is invaluable. I also like how BASEviz can double as a basic postprocessor.

My current workflow involves QGIS (DEM export), BlueKenue (2DM mesh), BASEMENT and ParaView. I'm very pleased to see the recent addition of VTK output format, making the transition into ParaView a lot smoother. I'm also using the Crayfish plugin for QGIS to view SOL format results.

Thanks to all the developers for making such an excellent simulation package. I look forward to future discussions on the forum!

#2 2014-09-12 10:33:54

David Vetsch
Developer

Re: Thanks!

Dear Sapper,
Thank you very much for this positive feedback and details about your modelling tool chain. We appreciate such information a lot!

#3 2016-01-28 10:39:12

René Kaufmann
User

David and Team, thank you for the great Software, and also for the very good day yesterday in Rapperswil!

#4 2016-10-22 15:10:49

adnanmarzuki
User
Website

hello, nice being in here, thanks for the software

Board footer