User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-16 13:24:28

davidz
User

hq-relation as Outflowboundary

Hi everyone

I want to model an outflow out of the 1-D model as an hq-relation. The real outflow is a culvert, so i calculated a table with the relating Q to different h. Therefore i use the file-option with the table.

Somehow i always get errors (Newton-Itteration-errors). With other boundarys i have no problems. I tried different outflow-boundaries like hq-relation with a slope and even the wall works fine. I also tried it in Version 2.6 and 2.7.

Now my question is, if there is a Problem with my table..

I used the following table for the input-Data. Is there something wrong with my hq-relation-file?

#H[m]    VALUE
0    0
0.1    0.12
0.3    0.69
0.5    1.5
0.7    2.47

Thanks for your help.

#2 2017-03-24 08:46:16

davidz
User

Re: hq-relation as Outflowboundary

Hi

I could solve the problemn myself.. i firt generated a simple geometry with the gege.py and found then out, that the elevations musst be corresponding to the wse_[m_asl].
with that hint i changed my boundary files again that H[m] corresponds to the wse_[m_asl] and found out, that when i tried that out earlier i had a mistake in the elevations... Too bad smile now it works fine in V2.7.

have a nice day.

Board footer